Already found something to sell? It’s easier than you think to make sure your ad stands out. Follow these tips to get your ad the attention it deserves.
1. Make your ad stand out with great pictures
The more good pictures on your ad, the faster you’ll sell your item. Here’s how you can make your ad stand out with good pictures:
- Clean the item and place it somewhere tidy.
- Cameras take better pictures in natural light, so open those curtains. (Pro tip: always make sure you stand between you and the light source when taking a photo.)
- You can use up to 8 pictures per ad. Use these pictures to capture all the important details and different angles of your item. If you’ve got any leftover – get creative!
2. Write an attention-grabbing title
Buyers see the title next. Make sure it describes what you’re selling, and make it catchy – while keeping to the 30 character limit. Some examples:
- Dell notebook – barely used
- Toyota Corolla with new tyres
3. Use the description to tell buyers more about your product
Someone reading your description already wants a product like yours. Now tell them why they should buy it from you. You don’t have to be an excellent writer, just tell them about the product and your selling terms. If you’re not sure what to say, write down what you would want to know if you were the one buying. Google searches our ads. So it’s best to have more than 150 characters (about 25 words) – keeping in mind the character limit is 500 (about 80 words). It’s tempting to write with Caps Lock. But writing like that is hard to read and it can turn people off your item.
People are always looking for a bargain, especially when it comes to pre-loved items. Sell your product quickly by giving them a deal they can’t say no to. Spend some time searching on OLX for the item you’re selling to see what’s the going price in your area. Electronics, especially, often drop in price as new upgrades enter the market. After all, the sooner you sell it, the better.
5. Make sure buyers can reach you
Check your chat regularly for new messages. If you’ve added a phone number in the contact form, make sure it’s correct. (OLX won’t give out your contact details.) Remember, no email address or phone numbers are allowed in the description. To make sure buyers in your area will see the ad, post your item in the right city and suburb. Always think about your safety before you list your exact street address.
6. Post your ad
There you have it. Posting a great ad isn’t rocket science – it’s really easy to put together a great ad for OLX and sell your pre-loved items quickly. Try it now.